Friday, August 21, 2009

Figuring out the Details

I'm working out the plans for the auction, trying to figure out the rammifications of doing a sale where 100% of the proceeds go to charity. I've heard less than glowing reviews of Ebay's charity auctions. For right now, I think I'm going to do a straight up regular Ebay auction. I'll still have documentation from the benefiting non-profits, so everyone will know it's on the up and up. I'm thinking about adding a PayPal button for donations that can be earmarked for Home Fur-Ever and Lifebuilders Detroit.

Today I built the first bike to be sold. I need to finish clear coating it, but I'm excited about how it turned out! It's panhead powered rigid chopper with a pretty decent rake. My friend and photographer Matt Trombley stopped by to get some pics today, they will be up soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. i applaude your desire to help homefur ever in their times of misfourtune..but may i add..take a real long look at this rescue! They want their dogs adopted outside detroit..yet r willing to take donations from the people of detroit! To profile Detroit in a negative light and turn around with a hand out taking donations is not right. The director of homefur-ever left 900$$ dollars (info from the news clippings) in the van that was stolen..to me thats irresponsiblity at its worst! Now she is beggin for donations to cover her mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please note that I have researched this rescue organization. Jake's mom's information is absolutely incorrect. This organization will only adopt dogs out to homes within the metro detroit area. Such a terrible crime happened to them. They are also the only no kill rescue in Michigan and have found homes for over 3000 dogs. I think that it is wonderful that you are doing an auction for them. Susan

    ReplyDelete